One of our customer success managers, Gautam Bawa, asked me this question today, and so I’d like to create quick blogpost on this for everyone else asking.
Short answer: Not out of the box, but you can leverage open-source mobile app frameworks, thanks to our new GraphQL offering. See below to find out more.
Optimizely fully supports delivering headless content to mobile/native apps. Organisations like Dolby, National Rugby League (NRL Australia), and Moco Food Services have mobile apps that pull content and/or catalog from the Optimizely CMS and Commerce solutions. How have these organisations achieved this?
There are atleast two ways:
Content Graph (recommended)
- Developer documentation: https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/digital-experience-platform/v1.4.0-content-graph/docs
- Query content using GraphQL, a modern approach to querying data – https://graphql.org/
- Any Optimizely Cloud (DXP) customer can sign up for Content Graph today at no cost (this may change in the future) so always check with your Customer Success Manager
Content Delivery API (traditional)
- Developer documentation: https://docs.developers.optimizely.com/content-management-system/v1.5.0-content-delivery-api/docs
- Query content using our REST APIs
- No extra charge to use for a page-view based licensing, unless the licensing switches entirely from pageviews to API calls. Again, please check with your Customer Success Manager to confirm.
- Customers like Dolby, NRL, and MocoFoodServices have built mobile apps connected to Optimizely CMS using REST APIs
Hope this helps. If you have further questions, please let add them below.